TPRTA serves as an independent voice for part-time resident taxpayers in Truro, supporting and promoting policies and practices that sustain Truro as a beautiful, rural and harmonious community serving the well-being and interests of the entire Truro community, full- and part-timers alike.
Mission of TPRTA
Since 1996, we have been committed:
- To exchange information with part-time resident taxpayers on significant Truro issues
- To be an independent voice year round for part-time resident taxpayers in Truro
- To encourage part-time resident taxpayer participation in town government and civic life
- To act as good neighbors to full-time residents and community-serving organizations in Truro and to strengthen Truro as one harmonious community
- To work with related organizations on Cape Cod and the Commonwealth to promote policies and practices that benefit Truro part-time resident taxpayers and the entire Truro community
- To represent Truro part-time resident taxpayers on matters of taxation, budget and policy in Truro, the region and the Commonwealth
- To empower individual part-time resident taxpayers to communicate their views effectively
TPRTA is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code.