In-Person at the Truro Community Center AND on ZOOM
The meeting will cover three important topics:
- Candidates for Town offices on elected committees and Boards will present themselves.
- Finance Committee report and more on the Town budget and related articles.
- Sponsors of Citizen’s Petition Articles will speak on the reasons for submitting these articles.
Please join this meeting if you can, either unperson or online. To join via Zoom here is the login info:
Meeting ID: 940 2434 0515
One tap mobile
This year’s budget represents a 20.96% increase over FY 22 budget and a 5.9% increase over FY23.
Added Overrides of $1,531,339 are requested as well. The annual increased tax impact of these four overrides will cost property owners with ongoing and perpetual additions to property taxes.
- Assessed value at $873,179 (average) = $480.27 annual increase to base tax
- Assessed value at $500,000 (common) = $275.26 annual increase to base tax
This tax impact is incomplete and does not include the overall increase compounded by inflation, assuming modest 2.0% inflation target suggested by the Feds. Over a 10-year period, the cost of these overrides will be $1,871,104 in this scenario.
Find out what is being proposed.
Listen. Learn. Participate. Be Heard