- Repair of the clapper and pipe between East Harbor and the Bay at Beach Point – should this collapse the tidal flow to East Harbor would cease and East Bay – would quickly change from a thing of beauty to a swamp.
- Over half of the properties in Truro have pre-Title V septic systems, representing a threat to our water supply, health and environment. This suggests the Town could create a tax assistance program to incentivize all (non-Title V septic) property owners to upgrade to Title V septic systems, topography permitting.
Other options might include
- General tax rate relief for all taxpayers, till the fund is depleted.
- A reserve fund to reduce or eliminate Proposition 2 1/2 over-rides in the future.
- Increase Community Preservation Act monies annually, to include all categories including affordable housing.
- Capitalization of the New DPW facility – to cover the cost of building the new DPW and amortizing the costs over time.
Suggestions, comments, other options? Send your thoughts to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 6. Thanks.